South Farmington offers recreational level baseball, softball, and Tee Ball in the spring and fall. Our mission is to provide a safe, nurturing, organized, and instructive environment for young people to enjoy and learn the games of baseball and softball and to promote sportsmanship in general.
Registration: January 2, 2023- March 7,2023
Fees: $175 for baseball and softball divisions 18U and below; $95 for coed Tee Ball. We are offering a $25 discount for
each child after the first sign up.
Softball: Please note that when signing up for Softball, girls can add 1 friend to play with. Both must add
each other as a friend on each others registration.
Practice: TBD; two practices per week
Games: TBD. Games may be played any weekday and on Saturdays.
Fees: $90 for baseball and softball divisions 15U and below; $50 for coed Tee Ball. (there is no 16U/18U in the fall)
Practice: Begin after Labor Day; one practice per week
Games: Games start in mid/late September. Fall is a 6-week season, wrapping up by mid-October. Games are played on Saturdays (some Friday night "under the lights" games may be scheduled). Game schedules will be available in early September.
Draft: The fall season is non-draft for all division. Once all teams are formed, coaches will contact players with more specific information about practice days, locations, etc.
During the fall season, players play in the age division that they are eligible to play the following spring season, as a chance to prepare them for the next level.
Anyone is eligible to play in our leagues, whether a Farmington/Farmington Hills resident or not.
We highly encourage that every player have their own batting helmet with FACE GUARD for sanitary reasons. Face guards on helmets are required for all softball divisions and for baseball divisions Majors and below (Juniors and above do not require face guards). However, batting helmets will be available for those that chose not to purchase their own.Tee Ball:
Softball and Baseball
- Players will receive a hat and shirt
- A baseball, softball or tee ball mitt is required.
- Non-metal cleats are optional, gym shoes can be worn.
- You may purchase your own bat, but coaches will have bats for players to use as well.
- Baseball pants are optional.
- Players will receive a hat, shirt and socks
- Pants: Gray baseball/softball pants are required and can be purchased from any sporting goods store. They can be long, open or closed bottom, or knickers, whatever the preference of the player.
- A baseball or softball mitt is required.
- Non-metal cleats are required (baseball Junior division and above can use metal cleats)
- Most players prefer to use their own bat, but coaches will have some bats to use as well.
- Sliding shorts are strongly encouraged
- Boys MUST wear an athletic supporter.